Monday 16 July 2012

To the Team GB Bobsled Team...


Hello.

I recently watched a thorough and emotive documentary about Bobsledding and was deeply struck by how exhilirating the sport is.  The speeds that the athletes reach and the risk they put themselves in is truly astonishing.

I found the documentary exceedingly informative.  It focussed around a central theme that sprinters make the best bobsledders, because of their ability to get the sled off to a quick start.  I was wondering whether you had come across the theory before?  Perhaps you could consider recruiting Dwain Chambers, Mark Lewis-Francis and Harry Aikines-Areetey to your squad and train them up?  I am convinced that you will see immediate effects as the documenary appeared to be researched thoroughly and were the team featured not to have experienced an unfortunate crash, they would have done very well.  If the sprinters seem reluctant, then it is worth pointing out to them that they aren't likely to beat Messrs Bolt, Powell and Blake so why not try a new sport?  If they are still not convinced, perhaps offer to give them free access to the vending machine at your training facility.  I am sure the hit in your profit margins will be easy to bear when they bring home the gold.

I am afraid I forget the name of the documentary, but it features an excellent performance from John Candy as the team's flawed genius coach.  I am sure you would very much enjoy it as it is both informative and entertaining.

I wish you and your team all the best.

David Hall
------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Hall,

Thank you for your kind email.

I share your enthusiasm for the excellent documentary featuring John Candy.Indeed we frequently refer to it when putting together our training programmes - in the same way that I am sure the England football team study that other excellent football documentary 'Escape to Victory'.

We have indeed considered approaching the aforementioned sprinters but every time I went and tried to speak to them they whizzed past me and I couldn't catch them up. Perhaps my tactic of trying to speak to them whilst they are competing needs reviewing.

Thank you once again for your insightful email, it was very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Scott

Scott Allaway
Commercial Director
British Bobsleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment