Saturday 21 July 2012

To the National Association of Toastmasters...


Hello.

I have a Dualit four slice toaster and have been experiencing problems.

I tend to use my toaster for two purposes. Number one being to toast a slice or four of Hovis Best of Both (thick sliced) and number two being to toast crumpets (usually Sainsbury's own brand). Now whilst I can guarantee that setting the Dualit to 'four toast', will give me a lovely golden slice of Hovis, it doesn't seem to matter what I do to the crumpets; they always come out all limp. Limp from 'four toast' through to 'six and three quarter toast'.

What can I do? I've even had it up at 'seven toast', but I found myself torn between flapping at the smoke detector and tending to the charred remains of what a post-mortem would struggle to identify as my crumpet. It was a disaster.

Is there a setting that I am unaware of? Or should I resort to the grill?

Thank you for your time.

David Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment