Tuesday 31 July 2012

To the Society for Ploughmen...


Hello.

I would like to congratulate you and your friends for inventing the Ploughman's lunch. It really is excellent.

However, I recently had a Ploughman's lunch in a - sort of - gastro pub. It was an abomination. Not only was there no cheese knife supplied, but the quantity of bread (granary - did terrible things to my poo) was measly in comparison to the wedge of mature Cheddar and block of Stilton. What was I supposed to do? Sandwich it between a couple of slices of limp cucumber? I think not.

Also, upon my plate was what can only be described as an olive. Stuffed with... pimento. You can imagine my outrage. I had settled down to what I thought would be classic British fare, and then that appeared. Disgraceful. They may as well have put a side portion of sushi next to my plate.

I would be interested to hear what you - inventors of the Ploughmans - think of this decimation of your legacy to lunches.

Thanks,

David Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment