Monday 9 July 2012

To the British Power Lifting Federation...


Hello.

It's my grandparents' 47th wedding anniversary at the end of the month and I wanted to devise a surprise performance for them.

On arrival, what I would like them to see is a spectacle. This is not one half of a pair of glasses. It is something that is 'spectacular'. As they enter the room I would like them to witness 47 junior powerlifters - one for each year of marriage - raise a giant wedding ring, 47m in diameter, 47 times above their heads, before placing it on the floor and walking out of the room in single file. The ring has been ordered from my local Timpson's and is made from iron and spray painted to have a gold appearance.

Have you got 47 junior powerlifters on your books that I could hire for the event? I am sure that I could look into a coach to get them to the venue we are using in Sibtoft.

Also, would it be more practical for me to provide the talcum powder for the powerlifters' hands, or do they normally provide their own for things like this?

Thanks,

David Hall
---------------------------------------------
David,

That has to be one of the strangest requests I've ever had in relation to powerlifting. I presume Sibtoft is in Kent? You may be better speaking to someone from the South-East Division, Astor college in Dover has quite a few junior powerlifters but I know many of them are at an event on July 28th near Newcastle. To be honest I'd be surprised if you'd be able to get a dozen lifters there from your region I think you'd be better off approaching gyms in your area to get that many people together. Will a 47m diameter ring not be incredibly flexible at that size? It will certainly be the size of half a football pitch.

Bryn
--------------------------------------------

Half a football pitch! Half a football pitch! The man in Timpson's was convinced it would fit through the double patio door at the rear of Sibtoft Village Hall. Perhaps I need to have a rethink.

Newcastle, you say? Well I'll have a word with the guys in Astor to see if they can't come down if I sort some transport. My uncle has a Volkswagen Sharan so could maybe do shuttle runs?

Thanks,

David Hall
-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment