Friday 20 July 2012

To the Pylon Appreciation Society...


Hello.

I was pleased to discover your society this evening and felt compelled to write to you.

It was back in the 1980s that I first became a fan. I think it may even have been 1983. November time. I was walking through Crewe town centre and stopped dead. A sight to behold had loomed majestically in the distance. The window of Foster's Menswear had a new display; nylon trousers, 50% off.

The shop assistant had me at hello. Not only did they look good, but they were hard wearing and easy to clean. The fact they went beautifully with my Frankie Says Relax t-shirt was an added bonus.

From that day forth, I never wore anything else. Nylon everything. Well, apart from underwear; the static can cause issues in tender areas. Down the pub they would call me 'Nylon Dave', I could tell from the look on their faces that they were jealous. Jealous of my consistently pristine, no need to iron apparel.

I'm so pleased to have found other enthusiasts. What is your favourite item of nylon?

All the best,

David Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment