Sunday 23 September 2012

To the National Society of Mural Painters...


Hello.

I have just discovered your society and am so pleased to have found that there are others in the world doing what I am doing.

I did my first Murial painting in 1973. It was of my Great Aunty Murial, who was at the time 94. I had managed to convince her to wear her turquoise trouser suit with matching hat and captured her quiet, pensive nature in the delicacy of my water colour.

The second Murial painting was not for another three and a half years. I was visiting my Great Aunty and discovered that she had a friend of the same name. It remains the only double Murial painting in my collection.

From then on, I made Murial painting a hobby: I painted Murial Pounewatchy, 86 and from County Derry with her miniature schnauzer; Murial Greenacre, 72 from Chievely at Legoland; Murial St. Ledger, 78 from Brancaster in her husband's Morris Marina; Murial Le Blanc, 12 from Chepstow on a bouncy castle and Murial Davies, 43 and a half from Luxembourg doing a slightly raunchy impersonation of former Blue Peter presenter Konnie Huq.

Would you like to see some of my work? Perhaps you might like to feature some of the paintings in a newsletter?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Love from David Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment